Friday, November 20, 2009

NEWJOBNEWJOBNEWJOB

Yes folks, it is true, I got a new job! I know everyone thought I would never leave the bindery but it has finally happened. I now work for the Office of Information Technology on campus. Yes this is where Mitchell works, and maybe that contributed A LOT to me getting hired. But we don't have to talk about that. Basically I do tech support stuff and I am slowly learning what I need to do. There are about 4 girls that work there, but typically I only work with one and then a bunch of nerdy computer guys. It is pretty fantastic.

Reasons OIT is better than the bindery:
1. Better pay
2. More centrally located on campus
3. It is SO quite down there, unlike at the bindery
4. I have to swipe my ID card at every door to get in, super secret and it makes me feel important
5. No boys that like me! So I don't have to deal with the awkward "I don't like you" convo
6. No boys that I like! Although tomorrow is only my 3rd day so that could change. But I don't think that is likely....
7. Hours that work GREAT with my schedule and are conducive to me putting in a full 20
8. My brother works there! Makes for a fun and interesting time

Looks like this is a win-win-win situation for everyone!
Without fail, every time I walk to my new job or leave my new job, I run into someone that I worked with at the bindery. And I always feel like awkward, like I am cheating on the or something. Not sure why that is happening but I vote it stops.

4 days until some more of this:


1 comment:

Cardiganwearer said...

Congrats on the new job. As I'm sure your brother will tell you, you missed out on some extreme grandma and grandpa Thanksgiving action. It was intense.