Well People, here it is
the one you have all been waiting for
My post about that one time I went to the Dominican Republic
for 6 weeks
and taught a robotics class
and got sick
and went to the temple
and fell in love with the people there
and found out what the ocean was
Basically I am trying to say that I loved it, and hated it
and at this moment I am wanting to go back
all of the students in my class
he is the most legit Dominican I know
he had a gun in his car and sometimes we would find half empty bottles of alcohol in his car
we could not communicate
and she watched soap operas all day
I have a billion pictures like this
all the girls wanted pictures with mr. wright
the most adorable girl I have ever seen
I bought almond type things from this kid
but he didn't know the conversion rates
and I only had american money
so I am pretty sure I got ripped off
but it was like maybe 3 dollars
so I let it go
The whole crew the first time we went to the beach
All of our little church friends
they were much better behaved during sacrament meeting before we arrived
in my defense, it is hard to sit through 3 hours of church when you don't understand anything
and Anna comforted me
Turns out this is where Cashews come from
Who knew!
A very common sight
pretty much where we ended up for SEVERAL hours every day
The BEAUTIFUL Santo Domingo Temple
definitely one of the highlights of the trip was doing baptisms here
basically we set up a bed in one fo the spare rooms to watch movies in
it got pretty hot in there but was a fun experience
any place that had some kind of advancement that the other rooms did not became a
"little America"
Eventually we got a hold of some speakers and used the projector to have amazing movie nights
complete with popcorn
I realize this is just a glimpse for you all into what was a very amazing experience for me
I am sure you will hear more as time goes on
but I hope this satisfies for now
2 comments:
So great to see the pictures and hear you talk about it. Love u. ~M~
did you really say you wished you could go back marci? i thought i'd never see the day
Post a Comment