Thursday, March 17, 2011

One time I cut blunt bangs.
This was a VERY big change for me and a very scary one
And then I loved them and never wanted to go back
but then I decided I needed to grow out my bangs, I needed to go back
that was about a month ago maybe

Then a lot of things happened on tuesday
(like me waking up late, spilling eyeshadow EVERYWHERE, and my nasty growing out bangs not cooperating–at all)
and I got frustrated and I had had enough
and I cut them back
I had missed them, and it felt like the right thing to do
(or maybe the only thing I had any control over at the time...)
and I cut them too short
and lopsided
what a hassle

(yes that is a Henna tattoo on my hand)

Thank you to my roommate Liz for not being supportive of me during this difficult time
and comparing me to a former drug addict reverting back to my old ways because I was stressed

5 comments:

Liz said...

You are very welcome. And you understood the analogy. Point made.

Sara Jane said...

girlfriend, i totally understand. except mine most recently someone else cut completely crooked. I felt like I was straight out of star trek.

Cardiganwearer said...

I love everything about this picture. (Doing my best not to put this as my wallpaper on my work computer)

hilary and morgan said...

no no no. you look great. you look bangin'!

Unknown said...

This sounds like a verse of Sylvia Plath; Im touched and moved. It reminds me of a morning I had after a hazy night in Bora Bora.