Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I'm pretty sure my sister and I are the most disappointing mormon daughters ever. Mid-late 20's and no dating or marriage prospects. Sorry mom!

My sister recently (as in 3 days ago) started teaching high school in a small town in Nevada. As she just turned 28 and moved to this small town, my sweet mother is pretty concerned about her marriage prospects. As part of my mother allowing her to move to Ely (Yes, she actually pretends like she can still control our lives. It's pretty adorable) she demanded my sister sign up for an eHarmony dating profile.  So during Christmas break we pulled the trigger. Turns out I have some experience filling out eHarmony profiles that have resulted in marriage, so obviously she had the right person helping her out.

However, since we set up her profile, my sister has refused to do many things on the site, such as communicating with other people. Since I have her log in information I will occasionally log in and check out the prospects. Quite honestly I have been slightly disappointed. There have been a few promising candidates, but more for me than her. Oops, that's awkward.

Anyway, since she refuses to do anything with this profile, I have been acting as her account manager. Which means I am sending questions to people and responding to emails they send to her. Okay, so she has only had one person send her an email so far, but she is making me answer it for her! (okay, obviously I am more than willing to do this. There is something so exciting about dating websites when they aren't actually for you) I am in the middle of composing a response to this lovely man that lives in Salt Lake, and let me tell you, this is tricky business! What do you say? Will my humor translate over email? Very stressful things. Plus, I have to try to sound like my sister! Good thing I have known her for 24 years! (I'm getting old)

Wish me luck on finding the perfect man for my big sis. Maybe we can make a lifetime or Hallmark Channel movie out of this eventually. I'll get started on the screenplay.

3 comments:

magirite said...

You girls are my favorites! No you are not a disappointment to me. I can't believe that she is letting you any emails. Wow, she is brave. Pat can help you out on what to say. Hey it worked for him. Good luck. I think you should sign up also!?!?!?! So what about it?
~M~

Kendra said...

Ha ha! Sooo hilarious. You know what's going to happen though? They'll fall in love with you. But if it's really like a Hallmark movie, then he'll have a brother or friend that's perfect for Megan too. ;) Good luck!

Jaimie said...

I love this. So I was thinking we should set one up for you and I can be your account manager? Whaddya say?? I predict that it will be the highlight of my...er...your year. Just let me know when you're ready!