Thursday, July 23, 2009

I've got my life in a suitcase, I'm ready to run run run away

Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada. Those are all of the states I visited last week. It all started when I found out that one of my FAVORITE bands ever, Copeland, was touring. However, they were not going to be visiting Utah. So what did we do? We found the closest place they were going to be and made plans to drive to Denver for the concert. Problem 1: I was supposed to be driving to Arizona with my mom the same day as the concert. I think that is really the only problem that was encountered. I just wanted it to sound like this trip was more dramatic than it really was. I decided to go to the concert and buy a plane ticket to fly from Denver to Phoenix for the day after the concert. So on wednesday morning Dave, Ron, Dayna and I drove to Denver, Colorado. We went to the concert, missed one of the opening bands we really wanted to see and enjoyed Copeland's set. Some of our other friends also drove up form Provo a little later than us and we met up with them at the concert. It was a lot of fun and definitely worth the trip to Denver. While we were there I got a Sherwood set list signed by the lead singer of Sherwood, and got Aaron Marsh, the lead singer of Copeland to give me a water bottle. It was pretty tight. We spent the night just outside of Denver and when we woke up the next morning I got on aa plane for Arizona. Friday I left for Nevada with my mom and my sister. We drove to Ely spent the night there, got our eyes checked, went to a singles branch activity, then drove to Logandale, NV to visit my grandparents. The next morning we woke up, went to church then left and came back to Arizona. It was a long weekend, but lots of fun. I drove most of the way to Ely and my favorite thing my mom said to me was that we don't play dodge the bunnies. We just keep going and hit them. I was a little freaked out, especially since there were about 4 rabbits that decided to run out in front of the car. I really didn't want to hit them. I also didn't want to hit any deer and luckily they stayed off to the side of the road instead of in the middle of the road. I have also met my nephew and he is ADORABLE! I pretty much love him. A lot. Now I am just chillin' in Az, enjoying my break from work and trying to not be bored. My sister flew to Hawaii on wednesday. She is starting school there on monday and I am more than just a little jealous. She also got a new computer right before she left which I am also envying. I am missing my Provo friends but loving being with my family and being in the Arizona sunshine. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. enjoy!


Dayna was getting antsy in traffic so se decided to sit upside down in her seat...


My adorable Nephew, Jonas Matthew Wright


We tried on lots and lots frames while we waited for my mom to get her eyes checked


These frames are on the top of my christmas list


Dancing with my cute grandpa


My grandma with her two favorite granddaughters (or so I like to pretend)

1 comment:

Cardiganwearer said...

Love the blog! The title pictures looks great! Don't forget to use protection.