Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dominican Republic

Well folks, I made it.
A week ago actually, but that doesn't really matter.
I have very limited Internet access and even when I do have access it is not very reliable.
The convent, yes, i live in a convent, is interesting. It is very large and a majority of it is not used so there are just a bunch of bedrooms inhabited by various creatures and insects. We have seen so many bugs and critters, and some that are VERY LARGE. No me gusta.
We have gone to the ward in Heina twice now and the people there are so kind. There is a little 5 year old, Carla, who loves us Americans. She will always sneak out of primary and come find us in Relief Society and sit on our laps and play with our hair. Anna has decided we are sneaking her home with us.
We went to the beach last weekend and we are going again this weekend and I can't wait. Who knew this was what I was missing all this time!
The food is actually very good. We have a cook and she is great. She takes great care of us. We eat lunch at school with the ninos and they ALWAYS eat rice and beans for lunch with some kind of meat. Usually it is really good, sometimes the meat is a little weird. They have great juices here. They are so thick, like nectar. And they have these great cookies that are like E.L. Fudge cookies but bigger. Yeah, amazing. I have also been getting my fill of mangoes. Love those. Well i think I am about to loose internet so I am going to go. Peace and love!

1 comment:

Megs said...

If some of those cookies found their way to Hawaii that would be okay with me!

Glad you are enjoying your time in the DR!