Thursday, August 19, 2010

it's a small world after all...

Back in February Emily, Sac and I woke up one morning quite early to help build a house. This mostly consisted of us standing around not really knowing what we were supposed to be doing and mostly being useless because there were SO many people there to help and no one was prepared for that. There was some sort of concrete pouring involved and lots of cold weather. Because we did that, however, we were given a free day pass to Disneyland.
Fast forward to August 16th, almost exactly 6 months later. Emily, Rachel, Liz and I are waking up super early once again. But not to build a house. This time, it was to party at Disneyland for 16 hours.

(On the tram to Disneyland)

My history with Disneyland is a sad one indeed. My first visit happened when I was only 18 months old and therefore is not remembered, other than the video I have seen of it that I sometimes pretend is my memory of it. My second visit was many years later, when I was 18 and about to graduate from high school. My school orchestra went and for some reason this was not a very memorable experience for either, other than being a good time. I did not remember specifics and had neutral feelings towards Disneyland. Now, I only have the happiest feelings in the world for that place.When we got to Disneyland we upgraded our passes to park hopper passes so we could visit California Adventure as well. Best $25 I have EVER spent. Seriously.
The day consisted of us bopping around Disneyland for awhile and then hitting up California Adventure and nothing disappointed. The Tower of Terror is AMAZING. I never knew. Other honorable mentions go to California Screamin', Space Mountain, and Thunder Mountain, particularly at night.

I have rediscovered my love of my stomach being in the wrong place and quick beating of my heart. I wanted to spend days there. There were churros, corn dogs, turkey legs, foccacia bread sandwiches, great people watching, and great company. Even when my legs felt like they were going to fall off I was still loving life and wanting more. Disneyland has proven to me that it really is the happiest place on earth. Well done Walt, well done.

(First ride of the day)

(Emily, just doing her thing)

4 comments:

Elisa said...

I was at Disneyland on that very day!

Kendra said...

Yay! I'm so glad you went and got to have a memorable experience there. I'm sad you didn't meet any princesses though. :( and good job at blogging at work. ;)

Cardiganwearer said...

Damn mouse.

Emily Brooke said...

I'm already nostalgic about this trip! I need to see more pictures...I love your splash mountain face