Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My favorite picture of Grandma and Grandpa

I want to thank you all so much for the many prayers and kind thoughts that were sent my family's way over the past few days
Unfortunately, due to the size of the tumor in Grandma's body they were unable to take it out
And things took a turn for the worse
So my dad, mitchell and I made the trip, caravaning down to St. George with Miles, Kendra and Owen
We were able to spend saturday evening and most of the day sunday with several family members at the hospital, taking turns visiting Grandma, which mostly consisted of her lying in her hospital bed and us rubbing her feet, swabbing her dry mouth and just being there
We came back to Provo on Sunday night

Obviously a close second

Monday morning I got a call from my mom saying Grandma had passed away early that morning

I was talking with a friend at work about this
and we were discussing the Plan of Salvation
how we have always believed in the Plan, but it is amazing how much more it means
when something like this happens
I know I will see Grandma Bohn again
but more importantly,
I know she is right where she needs to be, right where God needs her
and I will always remember what a wonderful woman she was
the example she was to me, in how to serve and live a selfless life, and how to love

Once again, thanks to everyone for their support and kind words
It has been much appreciated during this time

3 comments:

sarah joelle said...

:( i'm sorry for your loss, marci. but what you said about the plan of salvation is so true and that knowledge can definitely be so comforting in times like this. i'm here for you, girl, if you need anything.

Cardiganwearer said...

These are great pictures. Thanks for putting them up. Love you.

Liz said...

I feel like you get your smile from a combination of theirs. Obviously a good thing. They have contagious ones.