Well it's official! I am now 21. It doesn't really feel different, but it is weird to think that I am getting so old. I had a pretty relaxing day and it was very enjoyable. It started on thursday night when Dayna and Lindsey took me to the SafetySuit/Parachute concert. It was VERY enjoyable. We discovered this great band, The Rouge, and made friends with lots of people standing by us. Concerts continue to be very satisfying for me. There is something about being so close to the people who make the music you love, and if you are lucky enough to be SUPER close and maybe lock eyes with one of the band members, there is magic. It just can't really be explained, it just has to be experienced. Friday I woke up and went shopping for party stuff with my roommate Liz. This year I had a dollar store birthday party, so we bought mostly everything at HonK's, our local dollar store. It turned out to be VERY good. Party planning on a budget. After cleaning and setting up some Sarah, Liz and I went to J-Dawgs for lunch. Then the real fun began.
My party was indescribable. So many good things happened and here are some of the highlights...
*SO many people I love concentrated in one area
*Amazing sound system, which made for a GREAT dance party
*Me actually dancing on a chair this year, simply because my dad thought I was dancing on a table last year...

*The cops coming and shutting down my party because of the noise. ridic.

(Me talking to the Cop)
*Some fool in my ward having a dance party and trying to upstage my party. Seriously dude? Just let me celebrate my freaking birthday. He came over trying to get us to go to his party. No thanks!
*People actually brought me presents! I have some of the best friends EVER!!!
*Most of my friends from work just hanging out in the kitchen because dance parties aren't really their thing. So funny.
Big shout out to my roommate Liz. She did SO SO much to help me make this party a success. I could not have done it without you dear! Thanks so much!
Now I am off to play with my BFF Jaimie Lyn Tanner. Birthday festivities continued!
5 comments:
Great, now I have someone to hit the cocktail bar with!
Happy B-day!
A party's not a party til the cops show up!
Comment! Happy birthday.
Happy Birthday Marci!!! You would have a party so loud that the cops show up, haha Glad you had a good one :)
You forgot to mention my friend that did his laundry at your apartment during your party...
Post a Comment