Monday, February 22, 2010

things happen, I know, for a reason

As of late life has been crazy. I have been so stressed and I don't know what to do about anything. It is awesome. I have my first really hard test for work coming up and I am terrified. School projects are piling up and it seems as though I will never have the time to finish them all. I have friends but I feel very alone right now. I need a fresh start and a big change. Too bad it is the middle of the semester. Winter semester is always the hardest. I miss the sun, the warmth on my skin, swimming, studying in the grass, getting a little color on my skin.

I was chatting with my friend this weekend and I was trying to have a pity party and he would not let me. I was really mad at the time because I just wanted to complain about everything but after awhile I realized he was right. I have to decide to be happy. No one is going to come along and suddenly make me happy. School is not magically going to become easier. I have to choose to live my life and not just make it through my life. So here are the good things happening in my life:

I went to a concert friday night. I love concerts and this one did not disappoint.
The semester is halfway over on wednesday.
I have money. Not tons, and it is mostly all spoken for, but I have money for the things I need.
I do have friends. They love me, and I need to appreciate them more.
I have some amazing roommates, one of which in particular who takes very good care of me.
I have a place to live for S/S/F/W. And for less than I was expecting.
I am getting a new nephew in May.
I get to make movies for the rest of the semester. Yeah it is hard, but it is also a lot of fun.
I got some great experience arranging flowers on valentines weekend. And I discovered the beauty of calle lilies.
Aren't they beautiful?

2 comments:

Emily Brooke said...

take out the crap about making movies and I feel like I should have written this post. Carpe diem!

Liz said...

yes! they are beautiful!
also, don't forget that you had a boyfriend for a little bit :)